Wednesday 1 May 2013

Shopping for Cosmetics in KLIA Airport

Posted by Unknown Posted on 12:44 with No comments

Since I have been flying a lot, I often spend time sourcing for my cosmetic supplies in airports instead of departmental stores like BHG, Isetan or Parkson. Nowadays, I find it a better bargain to shop in the duty-free airport stores.

How cheap can it get? Well, it depends! I still find shopping at the Changi Airport better than in KLIA. Reason being, some cosmetics that I buy at the GST-Free Changi Airport are cheaper than those in KLIA. Yes, you read it correctly! Despite the common perception that things are generally cheaper in Malaysia due to the currency conversion, I still like shopping at Changi Airport.







I replenished some stocks: Estee Lauder, Mac, Bobbi Brown and Shu Uemura. Guess what? They are no cheaper than buying in departmental stores in Kuala Lumpur! I was utterly surprised after I purchased them and went shopping at the Kuala Lumpur City Center just to find out that they cost as much as buying at KLIA!
 
I went into the Victoria Secret outlet which was opened just a ripe few years back and I couldn't believe my eyes when it was so empty! All the Victoria Secret outlets I have visited back in Singapore are usually busy: ION Orchard and Sentosa. I struck up a conversation with a friendly sales assistant and she convinced me that the customers usually flock in, in groups. 

I conclude that Changi Airport is by far, the better airport to shop in, in my personal opinion. Nonetheless, some items in the KLIA Airport are worth browsing through as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template Design by Razor Madush | Published by New Blog Themes
Powered by Blogger
New Blogger Themes New Blogger Themes