Sunday 14 April 2013

Food in Air Asia flight: Uncle Chin's Chicken Rice

Posted by Unknown Posted on 05:44 with No comments
I pre-booked this meal when I booked the flight from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. I didn't finish the meal in the plane and that's why I requested for a paper bag or plastic bag from the air stewardess and she handed me the plastic bag in her supposedly-dirty hand glove? Read more on that by reading my post 'Flying from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore with Air-Asia (KUL-SIN).

So why do you have to pre-book the meal online?
1. Flying with Air Asia, which is a budget airline, means that they do not provide you in-flight food and hence you have to make your purchase separately.
2. You may purchase it on board but you get a discount when you purchase it online! :)

So why do you need to eat if the flight takes only an hour?
1. Simply because you anticipate that you'd be hungry?
2. Especially when you travel to a place you've never been to before and you were rushing when you were making your way to the airport, you might miss your dinner etc. and this is when in-flight food might help filling your tummy! And when the arrival time is really late and you question the hygiene of the food at the airport of your destination, you might want to just pre-book the meal!

 When the food arrived, the packaging was hot at touch. It was Aluminum foil packaging, I suppose and it was average to my taste buds. For the best experience, add in the chili sauce that comes with it. It wasn't very spicy when I tasted it. I thought the chicken rice was rather bland until I had it with the chilli sauce. I thought that the sauce complemented the chiken rice really well. The chicken meat was in the form of chicken slices. Mr Chin's Chicken Rice is supposedly to be really well-known and hence they have it on board. I wouldn't say it was the best chicken rice I have tasted. Since I am rather picky at food, I would say it was an average chicken rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template Design by Razor Madush | Published by New Blog Themes
Powered by Blogger
New Blogger Themes New Blogger Themes