Sunday 19 May 2013

Where to Stay in Melaka? Hotel Review: Hatten Hotel Melaka

Posted by Unknown Posted on 08:58 with No comments
Hello fellow Readers! I've realised my travel blog is gaining more and more readers by day. I am happy to be able to share my traveling moments with all of you. Hope you would enjoy this post and the photos I've taken throughout my trip to Melaka.

In this post, I'll be sharing my experience of my weekend in the Hatten Hotel Melaka (otherwise known as Hatten Malacca. It was a relatively new hotel by the Hatten Group. The reason why we chose this hotel is that we wanted to try this strategically-located hotel. It is located just across Mahkota Parade and Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall, the two most well-known shopping malls in Melaka. This hotel is situated at Melaka Raya, presumably the heart of Melaka as claimed by the hotel's official website.

We have stayed in several hotels and I am writing this review making these other hotels as comparison models:
1. Courtyard Heeren (A boutique hotel in Jonker Street)
2. Grand Continental Melaka 
3. Mimosa Hotel Melaka / Hotel Mimosa Melaka
4. Bayview Hotel Melaka

From their official website, their published room rate for one night is MYR195++ for the weekdays and MYR245++ for the weekends. The promotion is valid until the 30th of November 2013. Bear in mind that you need to count in the 10% service charge, 6% government tax and heritage charge of MYR2.00 has to be paid when you check out. When I first checked in, I was impressed by how professional the receptionists are. It left me a very good first impression. They were all well-groomed and dressed neatly.

Next I was wowed by the impeccable interior design. Such lavish interior layout for a very reasonable price! It was adorned with chandeliers and decorations that swept me off my feet. And I have to remind you of how picky as a person to start off with. I was truly amazed. After checking in, we waited for the hotel lift. There were a lot of people waiting for the lifts too. There were many lifts but this is one area that I hope they would improve if they read this. Everyone had to wait for a considerably long time. I overheard people complaining about how long they had to wait on several occasions so I think I am not an exclusive case. After waiting anxiously for the lift and with impatient anticipation of the room, I quickly walked to the room to check out the room.



As I entered the room, my jaw dropped! A picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look for yourself. It was a very spacious room with complete facilities. Yes, complete. Bar fridge? Checked. Iron? Checked. Iron board? Checked. A good shower head? Checked, checked. Two shower heads!



A comfortable bed with four pillows! A little bit like Four Seasons Singapore although really no other hotels I have stayed in, even the Hotel Michael in Sentosa World Resorts Singapore.






Hatten Hotel Melaka
Hatten Square, Jalan Merdeka, Bandar Hilir, 75000 Melaka, Malaysia.
T I +606 286 9696   FI +606 281 9696 
Email : reservations@hattenhotel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template Design by Razor Madush | Published by New Blog Themes
Powered by Blogger
New Blogger Themes New Blogger Themes