Sunday 14 April 2013

Flying from Singapore to KL (SIN-KUL) with Tiger Airways Review 1

Posted by Unknown Posted on 20:38 with No comments
I flew many times with Tiger Airways and will continue flying with them. I often fly from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur with Tiger Airways and their service isn't flawless but acceptable. What to moan about when the fares are always relatively cheaper compared to the leading airlines? If you feel a bit adventurous, why don't you take a bus to Kuala Lumpur from Singapore? I took Causeway Link a few times to Malaysia and you may read the 'ups and downs' I have experienced with them. Yes, I have to exaggerate by using 'ups and downs' because I had a very bad experience with them. On the bright side, they are economic and comfortable in relative to other available buses. Other than Tiger Airways, I flew with Jetstar from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur before.

Airport Counter Service:
1. One time I arrived late at the counter and checked in late. Nonetheless, the staff was still very considerate and helped me through the process. Compared to Air Asia, their staff often went by the book and strictly would not help you through late check-in.
2. On a separate occasion, the check-in gate was not open even though it was close to the scheduled gate-opening. I approached the manager and asked if they would quickly open a new counter specifically for SIN-KUL since the queue was very long. Mind you, the queue is usually very long because several counters were opened to cater for several destinations, not just one. The manager was very helpful and directed his staff to open new counters. He smiled and replied, "We would always make sure passengers will have enough time to get to the gate..." What a great response with good hospitality! Just this young, Indian manager though.
3. The staff at the service counters for check-in are usually very, very moody. They do not smile at us. I have exchanged my experience with several other passengers in the past. They share the same thought: the staff at the service counters do not smile at the passengers. When I flew with Malaysia Airlines, they have always provided me very good hospitality. Guess it is due to the fact that it is a budget airline and hence the less hospitality? I have no idea!

Timing:
1. On one very odd occasion, the gate only opens at the scheduled closing time! Nonetheless, we still reach the destination as scheduled because the flying only takes about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
2. Never had a very significant delay. If there was, it was only a 5-minute delay. But overall, the arrival time was always either punctual or a tad bit of delay.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Template Design by Razor Madush | Published by New Blog Themes
Powered by Blogger
New Blogger Themes New Blogger Themes