Sunday 14 April 2013

Flying from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore with Air Asia (KUL-SIN)

Posted by Unknown Posted on 05:13 with No comments
Traveling in Southeast Asia is undoubtedly cheap with the existence of several very competitive budget airlines! This time I was flying from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. I flew many times from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore via Air Asia and Tiger Airways and hence I am able to give an honest and unbiased review on these airlines.

For today, I will be writing on my fly from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore last week and would particularly elaborate on that particular fly. The flight is usually known as KUL-SIN, KUL being the abbreviation for Kuala Lumpur and SIN being the abbreviation for Singapore. Air Asia usually flies from Kuala Lumpur LCCT Airport and lands at Terminal 1 of Changi Airport.


Went in early and the plane was not full yet. Trust me, evening flights with Air Asia from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore is usually full. Most of the time when I was flying with Air Asia, the plane would be full, if not 90% full.


Notice the red seats? Those are known as the 'Hot Seats' which are 'premium' seats, I suppose. When you book your flights on Air Asia, after filling in your details, you would be prompted to choose seats. You have to pay a very minimal amount of fee to book those Hot Seats. I guess the seats are more comfortable? I have no idea! Being a constant traveller, I realised the need for comfortable seats but I didn't think I have purchase a seat if the flying journey takes only 45 minutes.

Flying with Air Asia is not bad. On an average, the flying takes about 30 minutes to 45 minutes although the flight ticket often shows a duration of an hour.

Flight:
For this particular flight, the gate closed exactly at the fixed gate-closing time. This is odd to me because every time I fly with Air Asia before this, they usually close exactly at the time stated in the boarding pass but rather a little later. However, for this particular flight, it was the longest time I ever had to wait with the rest of the cabin passengers at the runway. I estimate it was about 10-15 minutes. We started flying later than our scheduled time and eventually arrived 10 minutes later than the scheduled arrival time. I have to defend Air Asia on this. It was probably due to the rainy day? When I flew with Air Asia, the arrival time varies but never any later than 10 minutes from the arrival time.

Hospitality:
The air stewardesses dressed in red and they seem to be working very well in a team, I must say! I was, however, disappointed when I handed my empty drinking plastic cup to the air stewardess pushing the food trolley, she politely declined, "Later," with a stop-sign hand gesture and never came back to me to take it. I then asked another air stewardess to pick my empty plastic cup for disposal. Towards the end of the flight, I asked an air-stewardess for a paper bag or a plastic bag and she replied, "Sure" with a warming smile. Then she came to me with plastic gloves, holding the rubbish plastic bag on one hand for the disposal of all the disposable eateries and on the other hand my plastic bag. Hmm.. I don't know what should I feel about it. I presume it's a tad bit unhygienic to hand me a plastic bag in your supposedly 'dirty' glove? That aside, everything was fine.


For this flight, it was not a very good flight. As I said, I flew many times with Air Asia but have never written a review on their flights in the past. Just when I decided to do it, it was one of the below-average flights I ever had. That aside, it was still not too bad considering it is a budget airline.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Template Design by Razor Madush | Published by New Blog Themes
Powered by Blogger
New Blogger Themes New Blogger Themes