Sunday 14 April 2013

Causeway Link Singapore to Malaysia

Posted by Unknown Posted on 06:47 with No comments
As mentioned, I would write on my experience on taking the Causeway Link bus from Singapore (Kranji MRT) to Malaysia.

When I first tried to research on how to travel, I found it to be very difficult because no blog gave me a clear picture of what I would be expecting or the journey flow. Hence I hope this post would serve as an informative guideline for all my readers :)

You may purchase a ticket to Malaysia or you could just purchase a ticket to the Malaysia CIQ. If you prefer flexibility like me, you would want to travel up to Malaysia CIQ. From there, you would then board any available bus to Johor Bahru or Larkin. There is another reason why I choose to purchase a ticket just up to the Malaysia CIQ. My first experience with Causeway Link was a very bad experience. I purchased a ticket under 2 SGD to reach Larkin but the Causeway Link buses left all of us at the Malaysia CIQ, passing by us and never stopped to pick us up. Several others and I were left dumbfounded waiting for a Causeway Link bus and we resorted to the SBS Transit bus. Even though I was just ripped off about 1 SGD, I felt that it was unjustified to be cheated because I first bought the ticket with the hope of reaching Larkin with Causeway Link. I do not wish to influence anybody into not taking Causeway Link but I would advise you to just purchase the ticket up to Malaysia CIQ, not Larkin. You would be paying the extra dollar for the trip that you'll never get. This is not a defamatory comment at all cost. Just a very honest review and I would expect my readers to have their own judgement calls in purchasing the tickets.



Kranji MRT - Singapore *CIQ - Malaysia CIQ - Johor Bahru or Larkin

 *CIQ: Customs

1. Approach the bus right outside the Kranji MRT and you would find a counter nearby. It was a very small counter, just a little wooden table and an elderly man sitting there. Purchase your ticket there.



2. How comfortable! It was a weekday evening at 4 pm and that explains why it was rather empty. You wouldn't want to travel from 4.30 pm to 6.00 pm because it would be extremely crowded. The first time I took this bus, it was a Friday evening, right at 4.30 pm. Everybody would rush to the bus because the bus gets full really fast and you would have to wait for another bus to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template Design by Razor Madush | Published by New Blog Themes
Powered by Blogger
New Blogger Themes New Blogger Themes