Sunday 14 April 2013

Flight Review 2: Flying from Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur (Transit)

Posted by Unknown Posted on 20:39 with No comments
I planned for a trip to Kota Kinabalu but there weren't much flight options for me if I were to fly from Singapore directly. Hence, I decided to go over to the neighbouring country, Malaysia and fly from Johor Bahru to Kota Kinabalu. If you're planning to go to Kota Kinabalu, you could opt for a flight with Air Asia and transit in Kuala Lumpur. To skip the hassle, I went to Johor Bahru and took a flight from there.

After a 15-minute ride from Johor Bahru, I finally reached Senai Airport ahead of my scheduled time. I lingered around the Senai Airport and found it to be quite new. More on that in my next post.

The gate only opened at the scheduled gate-closing time and right away it was displaying 'Final Call' on the flight information screen. It was a rather long queue and we all waited for at least 5 to 7 minutes for the Air Asia staff to sort things out and start letting us pass through the gate. However, it was systematic. They allocated three queuing rows which divided the passengers into different compartments of seats in the cabin. 1st queuing row: Row 1 to 10 ie.

It was a delayed flight. Several passengers got into the cabin only to be called upon for their flight verification. Typically, the flight attendants seemed professional although I have to say they need to do some voice control to avoid disturbing the passengers in the last few rows. I noticed that when I went to the lavatory at the end of the cabin.

It was a two and a half hours flight. This flying trip was overall pleasant. It could be improved if they had not let us queue up for so long at the gate and if the staff meticulously and thoroughly checked the passengers' flight itinerary at the gate (so that they do not have to enter the cabin to call upon passengers for flight verifications which caused us the flight delay).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template Design by Razor Madush | Published by New Blog Themes
Powered by Blogger
New Blogger Themes New Blogger Themes